Friday 1 January 2016

My work experience at CDAC...


I worked with cdac, as a Project Engineer. I had taken several other odd jobs prior to this, but it was my first job as an engineer.

I was working with Language Computing Group helping them develop various applications. I loved my team. It was a small team with only four members (including me). We were like a family. Our talk could go on for hour and hours. We used to discuss everything from technical isues, project planning, office pollitcs, family problems, personal issues, experinces, women and what not. If you ask me what is the one thing that I have learned from all of this, I would say that every problem can be tackled whether it is technical or personal, you just need to have right approach and be patient in the process.

Due to frequent project meetings and conferences, I got to visit various places such as Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Delhi etc.
cdac always promoted open source and this is where I got hold on Linux systems and fell in love with the open source. I even helped other colleagues to install Ubuntu on their system. I don’t know why people are so reluctant to use Linux systems.

Cdac's work atmosphere was very different than other private companies. I hardly found myself under pressure. I also had the freedom to do the things differently. Though cdac is a research based organization I felt that in recent years they have started focusing more on deliverables and end product from the research and also on application development.

My typical day at cdac would start with breakfast in the canteen. Cdac canteen's breakfast was one of things I loved the most while at cdac. I never had to worry about meals. I would never miss any of the breaks to get up from the desk and have a walk around with my friends at office.

Leaving cdac was very difficult decision for me. It was my first job. It was a perfect work life balance. I doubt whether I will ever get this kind of work atmosphere again in my life. But since Mtech was calling, I had to take a call. Job at cdac is one of the best thing I have experienced in my life and it is going to go long way with me...









No comments:

Post a Comment